Castle Rock is an American psychological horror television series created for Hulu. It is heavily influenced and inspired by the stories of Stephen King, and intertwines characters and themes from the fictional town of Castle Rock, Maine. It premiered on Hulu in July 25, 2018 with the first three episodes.
It was announced on August 14, 2018 that Castle Rock was renewed for a second season by Hulu.  It premiered on Hulu on October 23, 2019.
A psychological-horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, Castle Rock combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King's best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland. The fictional Maine town of Castle Rock has figured prominently in King's literary career: Cujo, The Dark Half, IT and Needful Things, as well as novella The Body and numerous short stories such as Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption are either set there or contain references to Castle Rock. Castle Rock is an original suspense/thriller — a first-of-its-kind reimagining that explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire King canon, while brushing up against some of his most iconic and beloved stories.
Henry Deaver returns to Castle Rock after getting a phone call from a mysterious inmate of Shawshank Prison who refuses to talk to anyone but Deaver. The show will also follow various characters as they try to survive living in Castle Rock despite all the horrible things that keep happening around them. 
In Season Two, a feud between warring clans comes to a boil when budding psychopath Annie Wilkes gets waylaid in Castle Rock.
A teaser trailer was released on the internet on February 17, 2017 with Hulu confirming four days later that it had ordered a 10-episode first season of Castle Rock. It said in a press release that the series "combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland."
The teaser trailer mentions titles of and characters from a number of Stephen King novels, including: IT, Dolores Claiborne, Needful Things, 'Salem's Lot, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, Dreamcatcher, Night Shift, The Green Mile, Misery, Hearts In Atlantis, The Shining, The Mangler, Four past Midnight, Different Seasons, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, and The Night Flier.
J.J. Abrams and Stephen King will serve as executive producers of Castle Rock, along with Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason who also serve as writers. Pre-Production began as early as July 2017 in Orange, Massachusetts, while full production started in August 2017, with a release date set for July 25, 2018. The first cast member was revealed on May 11, 2017. André Holland will play the lead role of Henry Deaver, a death row attorney with a complicated history in Castle Rock.
At San Diego Comic Con, staff writer Mark Bernardin revealed that Castle Rock will tell an original story within the Stephen King multi-verse and that they have the rights to about a dozen of King's stories allowing them to pick and choose characters and elements to appear in the series.
- André Holland as Henry Matthew Deaver
- Caleel Harris as Young Henry Deaver
- Melanie Lynskey as Molly Strand
- Cassady McClincy as Young Molly Strand
- Bill Skarsgård as "Shawshank Prisoner"
- Jane Levy as Jackie Torrance
- Sissy Spacek as Ruth Deaver
- Schuyler Fish as Young Ruth Deaver
- Noel Fisher as Dennis Zalewski
- Ann Cusask as Theresa Porter
- Chris Coy as Boyd
- Scott Glenn as Alan Pangborn
- Jeffrey Pierce as Young Alan Pangborn
- Terry O'Quinn as Dale Lacy
- Frances Conroy as Martha Lacy
- Josh Cooke as Reeves
- Charlie Tahan as Dean Merrill
- Adam Rothenberg as Reverend Matthew Deaver
- Chosen Jacobs as Wendell Deaver
- Allison Tolman as Bridget Strand
- Lizzy Caplan as Annie Wilkes
- Tim Robbins as Reginald Merrill
- Garrett Hedlund as John "Ace" Merrill
- Elsie Fisher as Joy
- Yusra Warsama as Dr. Nadia Omar
- Barkhad Abdi as Abdi Omar
- Matthew Alan as Chris Merrill
- "Habeas Corpus"
- "Local Color"
- "The Box"
- "The Queen"
- "Past Perfect"
- "Henry Deaver"
- "Let the River Run"
- "New Jerusalem"
- "Ties That Bind"
- "Restore Hope"
- "The Laughing Place"
- "The Mother"
- "The Word"
- Stephen King claims he actually doesn't know much about the plot involving Castle Rock. The only things he knows of the show are the plots, characters, and other things the producers have asked permission to use.
- Despite most of its references aiming at the original works written by King himself, the show has made an exception in seemingly referencing the events of The Shining film adaptation as opposed to The Shining novel.